Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'll Take A Fabulous Trip To Moab...And A Side Of Broken Axle On The Subaru. Oh Don't Forget The $1400 Bill!

(Mike and Matt full throttle on Slickrock!)

(Just chillin')

(group photo in Fruita)


(Campsite in Moab...ENO hammock=purchase of the year)

So the good news is the trip to Fruita and Moab was fabulous! 3 days of riding, great weather, what an amazing adventure. The riding was truly epic, and the lack of tread on my rear tire agrees. One of the many highlights of my trip was my most recent REI purchase, and ENO Double Nest Hammock! I lounged and slept in the hammock and it was phenomenal. I highly recommend it.

The bad news is the Subaru had to go to the axle doctor. The Subi decided it was time to say out with the old and in with the new; $1400 later she has a new axle, timing belt, and some other blood and guts installed in her! Pop quiz:

Q1: The new axle might be a result of:
a. Driving cross country road trips at minimum twice a year
b. Countless dirt and 4wd roads
c. Lodging an 18" boulder under the axle while stuck in 2 feet of snow in IPW
d. None of the above

Clearly the answer is d.

No comments:

Post a Comment