Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MN Plays Tricks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/3100983902_4540be2aae.jpg
So I apologize for the lack of posts the last couple of days, work has been absolutely nuts and my great buddy Ned is in town from Washington; combined, this leads to a minimal amount of blogging.

What is not at a minimal level is the amount of confusion surrounding the seasons. Our first in command...MN, Mother Nature for the laymen, is throwing all sorts of stuff at us! I have been up in the mountains the past few days, and yes, it's cold and there is a bit of snow there, but it does not truly feel like winter right now. And as I cruise 36 back into Boulder past the flashing your speed is sign, it is warm, but not quite hot, and does not truly feel like summer.

Do I ski? Do I snow shoe? Should I start mowing the lawn if I had one? Do I mountain bike? Is it time to sun bath? I just don't know. Our pal Phil saw his shadow, locking us in to 6 more weeks of winter. However, judging by this furry groundhog's track record of 98 out of 112 years seeing his shadow, I am not taking his judgment as fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment