Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Came To Denver...My Luggage Went To Los Angeles

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/files/nodes/years/2009/16239/LostLuggage1.jpg
Dramatic Female Representation of What I looked Like at DIA

Well I made it back to Denver last night, safe and sound after 3 more delays. My luggage on the other hand, well, the Southwest luggage representative assured me that it arrived safely in Los Angeles...


Overall, this round of flying, both to and from the east coast, proved to be a nightmare. In the span of 4 flights (one layover each direction), I had a total of 7 different delays, 2 gate changes, and lost luggage. Really?

Upon arriving at DIA last night I was super stoked to be on my home turf, I could not wait to see Katie and Tads. I did the usual, touch down and immediately pull out my phone to text Katie and tell her I landed (like she really cares that I am sitting in the middle of the runway with guys with orange vests and lights, and will only have to text her again in 10 minutes to tell her I am off the plane...followed by a call to tell her I am ready to be picked up. But we all do it....)

As I waited at the turnstile for my luggage this time something was different. The cardboard box that was haphazardly taped together containing all of my Christmas gifts did not tumble off the mini conveyor belt, hmmmmm. I walked into the land of positive vibes, aka the Southwest luggage office, and inquired about my bag. You could have cut the tension with a knife in this cube, people were pissed. Me, not so much, I did not really care that my bags went to LA, I just wanted some dinner. All of the other folks that were on my original flight from Manchester were also in the office, emotions flying, it was great. The guy asked me to describe my luggage so he could have it delivered, to which I replied it is "a white cardboard box with my name written on it..."

2 comments:

  1. Haha! That's great...but not, all at the same time. Did you ever get your cardboard box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this photo looks like it was taken at the BWI baggage claim. man she must have lost a really nice set of london fog luggage to be that upset.

    ReplyDelete