Saturday, January 16, 2010

There's A New Brewery In Town

So Katie and I checked out the new brewery in town last night, Asher Brewing Co, which is a hop skip and a jump away from our house! Literally a mile away, Asher, an all organic brew company opened a couple of weeks ago.

Overall, my first impression was so-so. First off, the place is SUPER small. About a dozen people were in the brewery and there was not enough space for Katie and I, thus we bought a growler of their amber for the road. What turned me off was the assumed partial owner serving me my beer...growler. Not mean, but not friendly. No emotion, no character, not too nice...what's the deal? You are a new business, and you are a brewery, rope in some customer.

I do not want to put the foot down on Asher after one visit, but all I have to say is shape up or ship out, Twisted Pine here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment