Friday, March 5, 2010

Kwes-chuh n Mahrk

mac.jpg

To the copious and overwhelming number of people who follow my blog, I would like to say I am sorry for my several day, now approaching a week, hiatus. I turned on the ol' MacBook the other day and was greeted by the blue screen with a flashing question mark and file folder pictured above.


My tech knowledge is not in its prime, but I know the basic definition of a question mark, as well as a blue screen:

? Question Mark [kwes-chuh n] [mahrk]

-noun

1. Computer jargon. What the hell am I supposed to be doing again? I don't remember anything. I think I will go back to sleep...


Blue Screen [bloo] [skreen]

-noun

1. Computer jargon. Shit just got real. No matter how hard you try to plug different things into me, I'm still not going to bring up that sweet wallpaper of you and your dog.


All and all, my hard drive kicked the bucket, and I have been computer-less for a couple of days. Props to the smart and kind folks at Mac, they doubled the capacity of my hard drive and replaced it free of charge under warranty. For a 4 year old computer...stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment