Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sundays Product Pick: Pearl Izumi Barrier Shoe Covers

http://media.rei.com/media/dd/6279c790-ad45-43be-aff4-b2ce5f2a81ab.jpg
Need temperature regulation? Have a hankerin' for warm feet? Not afraid to ride when it's not 70 and sunny? Pearl Izumi Barrier shoe covers should be on your feet.

3mm of neoprene wrap your feet snugly as the the microfleece lining massages your every pedal. Super durable out soles with a versatile cleat cut out, reflective PI logos to help alert 4-wheeled machines, and tall cuffs with a bombproof velcro closure on the back pack enough strength to make even the fattest cankle look aerodynamic. Coming in at a cool 60 pieces of green, these puppies are worth every penny.

Katie got me a pair of these for Christmas, she has dubbed them my "booty warmers," and although I only have about 12 or so rides on them, I have been thoroughly impressed. Road or mountain, they are warm (yet regulate temperature better than my thermostat,) durable, easy on and off, and pretty darn water resistant. All and all, it has lessened my ability to cop out of crappy or cold weather rides by at least 57%...

No comments:

Post a Comment