Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playing the Responsibility Card

http://steveamiller.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/responsibility.jpg
Over the past couple of months I have been hyping up the Surly Big Dummy and my pending purchase of one; cashing in my REI dividend and spending my hard earned tax return on the smooth rolling steel. I regret to say, I am putting the Dummy on hold. After experiencing a sudden waive of responsibility and adulthood, I realized that that money should go toward my house fund, and I could use my Cross Check for my highly anticipated commute to work rather than a new bike. I know, tragic, but responsible.

As for the REI dividend, real men spend their dividends and don't cash them out, so I will be blowing it on fun gear. What does the dividend purchase look like? Tentatively the following:
  • Continental Grand Prix 4000's for the road bike
  • Two sets of Ortlieb Back Roller panniers
  • Some type of rack for the back of the Cross Check

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least now you will be riding the cross check again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saddle bags frey, saddle bags

    ReplyDelete